by

Universal Language!

Chapter three explores the world of nonverbal communication, demonstrating how we speak through body language, facial expressions, gestures, posture, and eye contact. These cues play important roles in conveying messages without spoken communication. Cultural differences also shape how nonverbal communication is used and understood, with different cultures having different norms for personal space, touch, and gestures varying widely across cultures.  Nonverbal communication is a powerful tool that shapes all of our lives.

The cartoon I choose features a dog sitting in a cell with its big innocent eyes, and a hint of guilt. The dog has to plead not guilty in court but its body language says otherwise. This scene captures a universal truth “our body language often speaks louder than words”. The dog’s expression of guilt despite its plea is relatable. Since we have all been in a situation where our actions or expressions reveal our true feelings, like the dog’s guilty eyes. I’ve been angry at times and have said or stated that I was okay even though my body language spoke for itself. Understanding nonverbal communication is important because a majority of the time it shows people’s true feelings and intentions.

Write a Comment

Comment