by

How Many Bosses Does it Take?

Chapter 11 focuses on organizational communication, by portraying organizations as dynamic social structures where people collaborate to achieve shared goals/objectives through fluid communication. This communication plays an important role in shaping properly organized culture and structure.

The cartoon i chose relates with the themes in the chapter on organizational leadership and structure. It portrays a group of people pointing fingers at each other, each uncertain about who is the real boss. In real organized settings, when roles and responsibilities are not clearly displayed or explained, it can result in confusion and inefficiency within the system. Clear communication and roles are important for a team to operate properly and remain motivated.

I’ve encountered a similar situation at my old job. My boss was really late and paired with his poor communication, led to unclear expectations, misunderstandings and mistakes among me and my coworkers. Like the confused people in the cartoon, we sometimes find ourselves unsure of who to approach, leading to hesitance and resulting in less productivity. The cartoon is a funny but important reminder of how confusing leadership can create problems and how important it is to have clear lines of authority in any successful organization.

Write a Comment

Comment